Sunday, December 2, 2007

Where Do All of the Stupid People Come From?

Do you ever wonder where all the stupid people come from?
Sometimes, after a long day at work, I need to come home and empty my brain out. So....I turn on the TV. There are certain shows that I just don't like to miss. I always watch the Ghost Whisperer, and then I watch Moonlight for the hot vampire guy! I love Grey's Anatomy, but I miss a lot of them and always end up buying the entire season on DVD. (Great to watch while waiting out a snowstorm or tornado, unless the darn power goes out!) Most of all, I love all of the CSI shows. They provide a community service by trying to teach all of the idiots out there how to commit the perfect crime without getting caught. Unfortunately for them, they must not be taking notes, or they are under the learning curve. Have you seen Cops?????
Why is it that when every one of these guys hears the squeal of a siren and sees the flashing lightbar, their first instinct is to jam on the accelerator, then race up a one way street the wrong way, where they hit a light pole, jump out of the no longer running (but now smoking) vehicle, hop over a fence where they remove all of their clothing, and then lay naked under a children's plastic swimming pool thinking nobody can guess where they are! This is not flashlight tag buddy. These are cops and they are legally carrying loaded weapons that they actually know how to use! Hello!!!!!!!
Of course, when this is too much for me, I can always switch to that reality TV show where people quit perfectly good jobs to go live on an island in the middle of nowhere. Once they arrive, they become pest-control agents, whereby they are legally bound to eat every bug, slug, snail, and unidentified object, while plotting and planning to get the other people kicked off the island. I'm here to tell you that in less time than it takes to type slug, I would be smashing out my flame on my own torch and heading to Bordino's in Fayetteville, AR for a good meal and a chocolate martini (even if they don't make them with the shaved chocolate anymore!) Anybody left on the island is welcomed wholeheartedly to my share of the tasty items on their deserted island menu with my blessing! REALLY! Now, at least, I know who to call if I have an infestation problem!
Then there is always the talk show. If am forced into brain drain down this path-suicide by talk show, I prefer to turn the sound off and make up my own words. It always much more interesting.
All of this brings me to the question that started all of this, which was, "Where do all of the stupid people come from?" It's a question that is philisophical by nature, like "Which came first, the chicken or the egg?" Was televsion invented to give stupid people a platform upon which to show their skills, or is it a plot by the government (or alien worlds) to eat away our brains and take over our cities?
Just to be safe, I think I'll start coming home, turning on some Irish music, and sipping on a "beverage". Surely that's safer than watching Jerry Springer!

3 comments:

Timothy W Higgins said...

Stupid people come from stupid people, of course; and their excessive breeding should be of concern to everyone. For further information, refer to: http://justblowingsmoke.blogspot.com/2007/10/dumbing-down-of-america.html

The only good news is that it doesn't appear to be contagious and self-medication using alcohol (adult beverage variety) does appear to act as a preventative.

Anonymous said...

Thanks. That answer was oh so helpful and clear as mud! It's somewhat disconcerting to know that those older and wiser than me don't know anymore than I do!

Timothy W Higgins said...

Be of good cheer, your vision is simply impaired by the ice storm around you, not the mud that I was slinging.

As for the rest, age does not confer wisdom; but sometimes it strengthens one's ability not to rise to the bait.